Want to join a growing team of video pros? Check out the available positions below, or, if you think you’ve got something we’re missing, shoot your shot!
To apply, please send an email with a short cover letter, resume, and any relevant links/samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position for which you are applying in the subject heading.
We are currently on the lookout for:
FREELANCE VIDEO STRATEGISTS
“Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory; tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” — Sun Tsu after pulling up to the Taco Bell drive-thru completely unprepared
Storyboard Media is looking for a Freelance Video Strategist to manage the strategy and planning of video content for our growing roster of B2B clients. In this role, you will lead our strategic engagements (partnered with a creative lead), run our stakeholder conversations, and help create a video roadmap based on our clients’ goals, audiences, channels, key messages, and more.
The ideal candidate has a breadth of client-facing digital marketing experience with specific focuses in the following areas: video production, marketing strategy, audience/competitive research, and delivering presentations.
In this role you’ll be:
• Integral to our strategic engagement process, The Springboard
• Conducting stakeholder interviews and company research
• Transforming the goals, audiences, channels, and key messages into strategic video concepts –– the framework for our creative treatments
• Identifying the KPIs/metrics for success, calls to action, and optimal distribution channels for proposed video content
• Making confident recommendations to our clients based on findings
• Partnering with existing strategy team members as well as creative team members to plan, prioritize, and budget potential video content
• Helping build out the video roadmap presentation to deliver to clients
• Minimum 2 years of experience within a relevant field
• The ability to understand complex business information and create marketing programs that accomplish business goals
• Strong copywriting skills with a proven ability to synthesize complex information and articulate key messaging
• A track record of success as a partner to other team members to bring a fresh perspective to marketing campaigns
• Effective written and verbal communication – from presenting to client executives, to conveying insights to our internal team
• Strong ability to visualize work for internal and client presentations; working knowledge of Google Docs and Google Slides preferred
• A keen interest in continual, self-motivated learning… and sharing relevant business information and inspirational resources
• A passion for working with highly creative and motivated people
FREELANCE VIDEO EDITORS
“It’s hard for people to understand editing, I think. It’s absolutely like sculpture. You get a big lump of clay, and you have to form it – this raw, unedited, very long footage.” – Thelma Schoonmaker
Storyboard Media is looking to add several freelance video editors to our roster. We are looking for editors who are capable of bringing a fresh, creative approach to editing.
You should have experience editing scripted business video content; unscripted or doc-style editing experience is a plus, but scripted content is our bread and butter. Creatively speaking, pace, timing, and rhythm are of the utmost importance. Technically speaking, Premiere Pro proficiency, data organization, basic audio post-production, and basic color correction skills are required. Assignments may include one-off video projects; campaigns requiring multiple, inter-related video assets; crafting content edits to hand off to an animator; and more.
Previous experience editing video for B2B clients a plus. A good sense of humor is a must.
This is a freelance, contract, and remote position.
Our video agency helps B2B companies leverage video to generate leads, close deals, and delight their customers by creating video strategies for our clients, implementing those strategies through the production, distribution, and promotion of that video content, and reporting on and analyzing our results.
Minimum of 2 years video editing experience, including:
- Scripted and unscripted video content
- Basic motion graphics (titles, transitions, logo stings) and a good eye for design
- You probably wouldn’t call yourself a colorist, but you know how to use LUTs, match color, and set a basic grade
- Data and Project File organization is on point, possible to the point of it being kind of obnoxious
- Eager to participate in creative conversations as we develop new content
- Often looking for learning opportunities in odd places
FREELANCE VIDEO COPYWRITERS (SCRIPT WRITER)
“Once you crack the script, everything else follows.” – Ridley Scott
Storyboard Media is seeking a Freelance Video Copywriter with a unique voice who can write video scripts for our B2B clients based on assigned strategic concepts and creative treatments. We are looking for a copywriter who is capable of bringing a fresh approach to our video script writing.
You should have experience in writing narrative voice over, on-camera dialogue, action description, on-brand copy, etc. Assignments may include one-off video projects; campaigns requiring multiple, inter-related scripts; creating storylines from existing transcripts; and more.
Previous experience writing copy for B2B clients a plus. A good sense of humor is a must.
This is a freelance, contract, and remote position.
- Craft original concepts and execute copy based on established voice/tone and brand needs.
- Write in diverse copy styles for a variety of projects.
- Work with the Creative Director to brainstorm, concept and also write ideas of others for the assignment at hand.
- Proactively research and pursue ideas.
- Self-starter able to manage and prioritize timelines for project milestones. Projects vary, must be able to efficiently and effectively manage your own work schedule in order to meet deadlines.
- Experience working with video and/or other creative media.
- 1+ year of concepting and copywriting experience at a creative, advertising or digital agency or equivalent.
- Strong script writing skills in both short- and long-form content.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL WITH A SHORT COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND ANY RELEVANT LINKS/SAMPLES TO email@example.com WITH THE POSITION FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE SUBJECT HEADING. IS THIS A WENDY’S?