“It’s hard for people to understand editing, I think. It’s absolutely like sculpture. You get a big lump of clay, and you have to form it – this raw, unedited, very long footage.”
– Thelma Schoonmaker
Storyboard Media is looking to add several freelance video editors to our roster. We are looking for editors who are capable of bringing a fresh, creative approach to editing.
You should have experience editing scripted business video content; unscripted or doc-style editing experience is a plus, but scripted content is our bread and butter. Creatively speaking, pace, timing, and rhythm are of the utmost importance. Technically speaking, Premiere Pro proficiency, data organization, basic audio post-production, and basic color correction skills are required. Assignments may include one-off video projects; campaigns requiring multiple, inter-related video assets; crafting content edits to hand off to an animator; and more.
Previous experience editing video for B2B clients a plus. A good sense of humor is a must.
This is a freelance, contract, and remote position.
Our video agency helps B2B companies leverage video to generate leads, close deals, and delight their customers by creating video strategies for our clients, implementing those strategies through the production, distribution, and promotion of that video content, and reporting on and analyzing our results.
Minimum of 2 years video editing experience, including:
- Scripted and unscripted video content
- Basic motion graphics (titles, transitions, logo stings) and a good eye for design
- You probably wouldn’t call yourself a colorist, but you know how to use LUTs, match color, and set a basic grade
- Data and Project File organization is on point, possible to the point of it being kind of obnoxious
- Eager to participate in creative conversations as we develop new content
- Often looking for learning opportunities in odd places